Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8: InfoGraphics


I actually enjoyed using this tool.  Not many campers have completed this activity yet, so I wasn't able to look at a lot of them and read the reflections about using the programs, so I just went for it.  It was easy to use, and it looks professional and polished.  It was very straight forward and intuitive, and the program did what I wanted it to.  I was not sure, however, what I wanted to make an InfoGraphic for.  I know that I will be doing some advertising for the Mexico trip for next summer, so I thought I would start here.  InfoGraphics are a great way to present statistics and percentages in an interesting and attractive way, but currently I don't have any statistics to present to anyone.

I am curious to read how other teachers will use this tool in their classrooms.  It is a cool way for students to present information or data that they have gathered, but we have learned about so many great tools to do that same thing.  What does this one offer that would make it a better option than the rest?  I guess I will stay tuned and read some other campers reflections.

7 comments:

  1. Great information, Gina! That would be very helpful for someone interested in going to Mexico to study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I'm also interested to see what other people come up with. I haven't come up with an idea for mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, you gave me the inspiration for this week's assignment! I also thought Piktochart was fun to use, and I can visualize students possibly using it too, by creating a book review. Do you have a system for organizing all the things you have created for this class, so in the midst of a crazy school year, you can have them easily accessible for use? I don't yet, but I am starting to think that I need a system. I am glad we will be on the same team this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of wondering the same thing about what makes this tool special. I think the infogr.am is incredible and is different in the way it presents graphs and makes info input so easy. But for something like a flyer I don't know. Also, it took me a long time but that's probably because it's new and I kept jumping back and forth between the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, thanks for leading the way again! I will get mine done soon, I'm thinking of making a poster as a preview to each unit. Your poster does look professional. I wonder how they will look printed out and if the district has a way of printing larger poster-sized documents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice project. It looks very pro. It helped inspire my advertisement/promotion material style infogram.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very professional looking. If kids are given enough time to learn the program, it could be used by them to create a final product of some sort based on whatever they've been studying.

    ReplyDelete